Titania is the largest moon of Uranus.
Titania was discovered by William Herschel on January 11, 1787. Not much was known about it until Voyager 2 traveled past it and the rest of the Uranian system in 1986.
- It's diameter is 1,600 km, making it Uranus's largest moon.
- It is the 8th largest moon in the Solar System.
- Titania has only been visited once when Voyager 2 flew by Uranus and took pictures of it and it's moons.
- Titania was most likely formed from a dust cloud that eventually became a moon.
- It was named after a character in William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". The name Titania in Greek means "Daughter of the Titans."
- It is the second farthest major moon of Uranus.
- It seems to have lots of frozen carbon dioxide and ice on it.
- Many of Titania's features are named. All of them are named after characters of Shakespeare's works.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|